Feb 21, 2024
Learning Objectives: Business Communication
After graduating with a BSBA degree with a major in Business Communication from the School of Business at Seton Hill University, students should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Critically thinking and application of critical thinking to solve problems.
- Ability to apply and integrate theoretical knowledge from the discipline into real life applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively - written and oral presentation.
- Ability to effectively use IT skills in information systems, statistical software, application in spreadsheets, and data visualizations.
- Ability to identify ethical issues in the decision-making process and solve problems ethically.
- Ability to recognize when change is needed, and lead change to reach sustainable outcomes.
- Ability to lead with a global perspective, and instill leadership that values diversity and inclusiveness.
- Basic knowledge of accounting, management, marketing, finance, economics, and human resource management.
- Written communication skills appropriate for business, non-profit organizations and government.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to lead effectively a diverse team.
- An ability to choose effective communication tools appropriate for the specific audience for whom the communication is intended.
- An ability to use effective communication tools to lead organizations to become an effective agent for change.
All candidates for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree in Business Communication must complete the Liberal Arts Curriculum requirements, the capstone assessment requirement, and the required courses for the major and develop competency in written and verbal business communication skills.
The capstone assessment includes successful completion of a showcase portfolio. Students are required to present how their professional identity is solidified by study in the liberal arts.
A minimum of 120 credits is required.
Business Communication - Major Curriculum
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration