Sep 21, 2020
- Daniel Casebeer, Ph.D.
- Amalene Cooper-Morgan, Ph.D.
- John Cramer, Ph.D.
- Demetra Czegan, Ph.D.
- Kathleen Harris, Ph.D.
- Diana Hoover, Ph.D.
- Diane Miller, Ph.D.
- Jonathan Moerdyk, Ph.D.
- Tricia Shelton, Ed.D.
- Melissa Tamburinno, Ed.D.
- Matthew Vogel, Ph.D.
- Susan Yochum, S.C., Ph.D.
For teaching certification requirements and learning objectives go to ”Education -Teaching Certification ”.
Learning Objectives: Chemistry
- Demonstrate an understanding of the chemical and physical properties of substances in terms of molecular properties including bonding, structure, and reactivity.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applied practices and experimental design in the fundamental areas of chemistry.
- Demonstrate written communication and quantitative reasoning skills for the interpretation of laboratory data.
- Demonstrate proficient use of computer technology with respect to data analysis, molecular modeling, and instrument operation.
- Demonstrate the ability to search scientific databases and analyze and interpret primary chemical literature.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the crucial role that honesty and integrity play in scientific work.
- Demonstrate understanding of the ethical application of chemistry to society.
- Demonstrate stewardship with respect to other students, instrumentation, equipment, and the environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to publicly articulate scientific information.
- Demonstrate active participation in civic engagement related to science.
This certificate program prepares the student for a teaching certificate for seventh through twelfth grade.
Chemistry Education Curriculum
All candidates for the Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry or Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry or Chemistry must follow the requirements for the major in Chemistry (B.A. or B.S.) or Biochemistry Plus:
131 for BS in Biochemistry
109 for BA in Chemistry
119 for BS in Chemistry
Special Education Endorsement
For students who wish to receive Special Education Endorsement in Secondary Education, the additional required courses are: