Feb 21, 2024
- Debasish Chakraborty, Ph.D.
- Catherine Giunta, Ph.D.
- Paul W. Mahady, Jr., D.B.A.
- Lyzona Marshall, M.B.A.
- Doina Vlad, Ph.D.
- Roland Warfield, M.B.A., C.P.A., C.I.A., C.G.M.A.
This major is designed for the Online Bachelor’s Degree & Certificate Program students. Students not enrolled in that program should consult with their advisor to determine whether this major is appropriate, based on learning and career goals. For more information about the Online Bachelor’s Degree & Certificate Program, contact the Office of Graduate and Online Studies at 724-838-4208 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Demonstrate knowledge of microeconomic, macroeconomic and financial principles through monitoring and utilization of financial and economic data for decision making and strategic planning.
- Utilize principles and functions of management to interpret market analyses for strategic planning and to foster organizational development, promote effective use of human resources and enhance operations.
- Propose recommendations to improve the effectiveness and integration of information management systems at various levels of healthcare organizations and achieve organizational goals.
- Assess contemporary policies, regulations and governance structures relevant to the U.S. healthcare delivery system for their impacts to health and implications for ethical decision making.
- Promote dynamic organizational cultures that establish strategic visions, methodically analyze and interpret data based on sound epidemiological and statistical principles, and embrace change for continuous healthcare quality improvement.
- Engage healthcare stakeholders using communications that reflect keen interpersonal skills, effective collaboration practices and deep cultural competence.
All candidates for the Bachelor of Science degree in healthcare administration must complete the Liberal Arts Curriculum requirements, the capstone assessment requirement, and the required courses for the major.
A minimum of 120 credits is required.
Healthcare Administration Curriculum