- Jared Burns, Ph.D.
- Daniel Casebeer, Ph.D.
- Kathleen Harris, Ph.D.
- Joshua Sasmor, Ph.D.
- Tricia Shelton, Ed.D.
- Melissa Tamburrino, Ed.D.
- Matthew Vogel, Ph.D.
For teaching certification requirements and learning objectives go to ”Education -Teaching Certification ”.
The curriculum is designed to prepare the student to study mathematics at the graduate level or enter the teaching profession. Majors are encouraged to complement the major with courses from computer science, the natural and social sciences, economics, and business.
Career opportunities include statistical research, actuary science, computer consulting and programming, operations research, engineering, and teaching.
Learning Objectives: Mathematics
- Communicate mathematics effectively
- Recognize the significant historical impact of mathematics
- Work effectively in a team
- Experiment with and experience new ideas, new techniques, and new concepts in the pursuit of solutions to new and classic problems
- Model and ethical code of conduct during the pursuit of educational and professional goals.
This teaching certificate program prepares the student for a teaching certificate for grades 7 through 12.